There is a lot of great resources to help you getting started with your Virtual Earth Development:
- The Virtual Earth Interactive SDK that shows you a navigation tree for frequently used features and allows you to flip through a set of tabulators which show a real implementation of Virtual Earth, the complete source code, a reference for the main-method used in that feature as well as further information.
- the online reference on MSDN
- a downloadable version of this SDK as CHM-file
- heaps of technical articles on MSDN
- and of course community sites such as Via Windows Live